Happy holidays! Today, I made a small Japanese-style strawberry shortcake as a Christmas treat. Fresh, less sweet and the size is just suitable for two. Blueberries and mint leaves are from my tiny garden!
Ingredients: (round ring mold: 12cm diam.)
Sponge cake base: 30g cake flour, 1 egg, 25g sugar, 5g butter, 15cc milk, vanilla oil (additional)
Decoration and filling: 200g fresh milk + 15g sugar + drops of rum (or any other liquor you like), 2 tbsp apricot jam + 1 tsp orange curacao, some strawberries, blueberries, mint leafs and silver dragees
- Sift flour.
- Microwave butter and milk to melt.
- Preheat the oven (170℃).
- Whip an egg and sugar until stiff. Add 2-3 drops of vanilla oil, flour and fold the mixture.
- Bake the mixture in the oven for about 20min.
- While cooling the sponge case base, whip fresh cream with sugar and rum.
- Once the sponge cake base cooled, slice it in the middle.
- Spread a mixture of apricot jam and orange Curaçao on each section.
- Put sliced strawberries and whipped fresh cream between two slices of sponge cake base.
- Cover the whole cake with whipped cream and decorate the top and the plate with strawberries, blueberries, mint leaves and silver dragees.