Here’s a warm vegetarian soup recipe with a little bit of Japanese flavor for cold days 🙂
Ingredients: 1/2 onion, 3 turnips, 2 cups vegetable broth, 1-2 cups soy milk, 1 tbsp miso (I used Hacho miso this time), olive oil (or other vegetable oil), scallion (or other green vegetables as parsley etc.) for topping
- Slice onions and turnips.
- Heat olive oil in a pot and saute onions until translucent.
- Add turnips, vegetable broth and miso, then simmer.
- Once cooked, take the pot off a fire and puree the mixture using a hand blender (or mixer).
- Add soy milk, put a pot over the fire again to heat the soup before boiling. Be careful not to boil the soup to prevent soy milk from curdling. Serve in a bowl and top with chopped scallion.